ShotBlocker® by Bionix is designed to block the pain of routine injections such
as insulin, allergy and immunizations, simply and effectively.
ShotBlocker® is a flexible plastic disk that features a number of short,
blunt skin contact points on its underside and a centrally located
opening through which Intramuscular (IM) and Subcutaneous (SQ)
injections are administered.
ShotBlocker® works through a novel application of the gate control
theory of pain management. This theory states that a gating mechanism
exists in the spinal cord through which both pain and sensory
signals travel to the brain. ShotBlocker® stimulates the skin at the
injection site with its multiple blunt skin contact points. The sensation
produced closes the “gate” to block the flow of pain signals to
• Pain Management - Skin contact points stimulate the injection site, creating
a pain-free injection.
• Immediate Response - Works instantly to block the pain.
• Ease of Use - Small, flexible device is easy to incorporate while administering
• Safety - A shot blocker which blocks the pain without the use of chemicals.
• Effectiveness - Great for everyone age 2 through adult.
• Versatility - Works on IM and SC injections.
|How to Use:
1. First, prep the site and prepare injection.
2. Place ShotBlocker® over the injections site and PRESS FIRMLY with your thumb and fore finger. DO NOT MOVE OR REMOVE SHOTBLOCKER® UNTIL AFTER THE SHOT HAS BEEN GIVEN.
3. Give the shot in the usual manner. (Do this IMMEDIATELY; if more than 20 seconds have passed, repeat step 2 before giving injection.)
4. Withdraw the needle and syringe in a safe fashion.
5. Remove ShotBlocker®. Clean with soap and water; may be reused on the same individual.
|Lespain||LESPAIN® - Topical Non-Prescription Pain Relief||$14.95|