ShotBlocker® by Bionix is designed to block the pain of routine injections such as insulin, allergy and immunizations, simply and effectively. ShotBlocker® is a flexible plastic disk that features a number of short, blunt skin contact points on its underside and a centrally located opening through which Intramuscular (IM) and Subcutaneous (SQ) injections are administered.
ShotBlocker® works through a novel application of the gate control theory of pain management. This theory states that a gating mechanism exists in the spinal cord through which both pain and sensory signals travel to the brain. ShotBlocker® stimulates the skin at the injection site with its multiple blunt skin contact points. The sensation produced closes the “gate” to block the flow of pain signals to the brain.
- Pain Management – Skin contact points stimulate the injection site, creating a pain-free injection.
- Immediate Response – Works instantly to block the pain.
- Ease of Use – Small, flexible device is easy to incorporate while administering the injection.
- Safety – A shot blocker which blocks the pain without the use of chemicals.
- Effectiveness – Great for everyone age 2 through adult.
- Versatility – Works on IM and SC injections.
How to Use:
- First, prep the site and prepare injection.
- Place ShotBlocker® over the injections site and PRESS FIRMLY with your thumb and fore finger. DO NOT MOVE OR REMOVE SHOTBLOCKER® UNTIL AFTER THE SHOT HAS BEEN GIVEN.
- Give the shot in the usual manner. (Do this IMMEDIATELY; if more than 20 seconds have passed, repeat step 2 before giving injection.)
- Withdraw the needle and syringe in a safe fashion.
- Remove ShotBlocker®. Clean with soap and water; may be reused on the same individual.