FIFTY 50 Sterile Pen Needles are individually wrapped in sterile packaging. The higher the gauge, the thinner the needle. For example, a 32 gauge (G) needle is thinner than a 31 gauge (G) needle and a 31G needle is thinner than a 28G needle.
FIFTY 50 31G Pen Needles are available with 5mm needle and 8mm needle lengths. FIFTY 50 32G Pen Needles are available with 4mm and 6mm needle lengths. Your doctor will help determine which gauge and needle length is appropriate for your use.
Suggestions to Minimize Injection Pain:
1. Preferably, use a new needle each time you inject with an insulin pen (a sharp needle is less painful). At least change it daily.
2. To prevent the transmission of diseases, just say no to sharing pen needles with anyone.
3. Needle length varies between 4 mm and 12 mm. The right-size needle helps ensure that insulin doesn’t leak out of the injection site, although studies have shown that shorter needles work for most body types. Needle length has less to do with sensation of pain than does needle thickness.
4. A needle’s gauge refers to its diameter: The higher the gauge, the thinner the needle. Thicker needles are often better for people who inject large doses of insulin, while thin needles may be less painful for some people.
5. If you’re thin, pinching up the skin around the injection site before you insert the needle is a good way to keep the needle from penetrating muscle (you want the insulin to go into the layer of tissue just under the skin).
Packaged 50 needles per box.