Smith&Nephew IV3000 Transparent Film Dressing is a moisture responsive transparent film dressing specifically designed to meet the needs of catheter fixation and to keep the catheter site dry.
- Moisture responsive High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate film
- Grid pattern adhesive
- Transparent and conformable
- Wide range of sizes and delivery systems to suit peripheral central line and epidural catheters
- Film acts as a barrier to bacteria including MSRA
- Reduces risk of infection by preventing moisture accumulation – The patented Reactic film in IV3000 has a unique molecular structure which is significantly more permeable to water vapor than ordinary films. This helps prevent the accumulation of moisture underneath the dressing and assists in the reduction of bacterial growth and the risk of catheter-related infection.
- Minimizes unscheduled dressing changes – The higher permeability of IV3000 keeps the skin drier so improving dressing adherence and reducing the number of unscheduled dressing changes.
- Greater patient comfort – IV3000 is kind to the patient’s skin. It’s low allergy adhesive and highly permeable Reactic film may help prevent skin maceration or irritation and result in improved patient comfort.
- Excellent catheter stability – The highly conformable IV3000 film allows the patient to move freely and yet will remain firmly adhered around the catheter hub so ensuring excellent fixation.
- Convenient visual inspection – IV3000 is transparent and so allows regular inspection of the catheter insertion site for signs of infection or phlebitis without the need for dressing removal.
- Easy application and removal – IV3000 is designed to provide easy aseptic application and removal. Its unique grid pattern adhesive reduces pain on removal due to grid adhesive spread and so minimizes patient discomfort on removal. It also leaves less adhesive residue on the patient’s skin.
Package contains 100 2 3/8″ X 2 3/4″ dressings.